Dermatitis, eczema, and other skin conditions can negatively impact your day-to-day life if you don’t have the resources to nurture and care for them properly. If you’re struggling to keep your flare-ups under control and would like some first-hand tips, keep reading.
Hamdan Abdullah Hamed
Hydration and Moisturizing
Dermatitis and eczema can be medically defined as a condition that involves the swelling or inflammation of the dermis accompanied by certain physiological symptoms such as dryness, strong itching, and flaking among others. This medical condition can be stimulated by various factors such as gene composition, environmental irritants, Allergies, etc. When one is inflicted with this condition, there are certain tips that need to be followed in order to manage it.
● Hydration or Moisturization of the dermis layer: Utilize a moisturizer free of scent or fragrance in order to avoid dryness.
● Identification of stimulants: This is a required tip as the identification of things that initiate symptoms should be avoided as much as possible. These include detergents and certain food substances.
● Use of cool water when bathing: The act of using hot water can exacerbate issues, dry the skin, and increase symptoms. Cool water is advisable.
● Don't use products that have scents: Avoid substances that have fragrance such as certain chemicals and ethanol.
● The use of ointments or corticosteroid substances can aid in getting inflammation decreased to a bare minimum.
● Stress management: Manage stress as this can help mitigate the severity of the condition and vice versa.
This is a crowdsourced article. Contributors' statements do not necessarily reflect the opinion of this website, other people, businesses, or other contributors.